So, two things to know about me: my neurologist told me to limit my sodium intake, and I’m lactose intolerant. Also, I don’t eat as much protein as I mean to. I guess that’s three things.
Anyway, I’m on an eternal, possibly futile quest to find a low-sodium, lactose-free protein powder that doesn’t taste like ass and dirt. I have not had much luck. Here’s a list (that I will probably periodically update) of what I’ve tried so far:
- Mixes well.
- Not gritty.
- Unflavored, so no sugars.
- Only 13g protein per serving.
- Higher in sodium than I’d like (190mg per serving), which is why I stopped using it.
- They’ve changed the name and the package since I last used it, so I’m not sure if the formula’s the same.
- Only 10mg of sodium per serving.
- It’s vegan and organic, if you’re into that.
- Only about twenty bucks a pound.
- No sugars.
- The grittiest powder I’ve tried. Even mixing it in oatmeal can’t disguise it.
- Again, only 10mg of sodium.
- Only 1g of sugars.
- Also vegan and organic.
- Comes in the biggest tub of the three for not much more, but I’m too lazy to work out price/gram.
- Marginally less gritty than the Jarrow protein.
- Only marginally less gritty than the Jarrow Protein.
- Only 12g protein.
- 20g protein per serving.
- Only 30mg of sodium per serving.
- Only 1g sugars.
- Not nearly as gritty as the last two.
- Expensive as all get out.
- Has that stevia aftertaste, which I hate.
- Doesn’t taste very chocolatey.
Does anyone have a protein powder they’d like to recommend?